Sunday, November 20, 2011

Apotamkin at Breaking Dawn UK Premier

I have made it to the Breaking Dawn UK premier and back and simply had the most exciting experience of my life! I did it all! went through it all, survived the elements and what elements they are!and finally met the stars got cool pix and autographs! Despite flying 8 hours adding airport time at both ends would easily make it a 12 hour journey!I tried every possible sleeping position on my seat during flight having in mind I'm heading to the street once I arrive to join fans from all over the world who decided to defy the calls to appear at 6 am on premier day and spend the night on the freezing pavement instead to secure first rows and wrist bands,  after all we came a long way to leave it to chances now:)) arriving at 11:00 am I was number 105 to get on site! this meant my chances to line up first row was extremely high! my friends made it as early as 6 and were slotted among the first 50 in line:)


I flew from Dubai to London on the night of November 14 to arrive early morning on Tuesday Nov 15th and headed straight to Stratford Westfield mall as soon as I have dropped my bags:)  I brought along my sleeping bag, a blanket, the camera, my cell and lots of crackers, chocolates and water, but above all I have created a small handy laminated pic in the hope of getting signatures from the cast:)

 arriving at Stratford Westfield mall
 The site still being constructed

I have exchanged mobile numbers with 3 fans I have met on facebook and we have decided to camp out together:) Jenni, Amanda and Camilla and little Acacia:)

I was thankful to the clear sky and the beautiful sunny day that greeted us and kept us warm on the pavement behind the mall :)
Jenni and me
 early campers and the ladies from Robert Pattinson "It has always been Him" group
 only 130 fans were waiting early Tuesday, they reached 250 by night


 enjoying London Sun:)
It was exactly what I needed to be among my people! I could finally chat about my obsessions and listen to people from all around the world dish on Rob and the saga, flaunt their blankets, play our favorite twilight music and create their banners before the night hits as early as 4:00 pm!









The day was short and the night was too long and the cold platform became freezing once the sun disappeared, we were promised initial wrist bands after midnight and the final ones by morning.. me, Jenni and Amanda tried to group together and cover up with all we have got including big bin liners! so we ended up looking like huge cocoons and still not achieving anything close to warm, it was above 0 because no snow was falling, I guess lol! but something beautiful actually fell on me from above a beautiful white feather came out of no where and I thought it was a good sign:) may be Edward was biting pillows near by:)



after 7 hours we finally got our night wrist bands and security guards in their yellow uniforms started to take position to keep us safe during the night and staring in disbelief at the same time at our reckless behavior:) there were several points when I was talking to myself if I would really survive and not die of hypothermia on a backstreet in London:))





 After 5 hours of freezing our bits for the morning line up we finally woke up, if that was anything near sleep:) at 5:30 am on premier day that meant we still had 12 hours ahead till the actual premier. We starting cleaning up and getting ready to move to our initial line up point before they let us in to the pens outside and inside the mall. Something really sad took place but because twilight fans are the most organized masses at least when no cast in sight we overcome what could have been a major disappointment!
 wake up call!


We owe two great fans a smooth transition from our spot to the actual lineup because once the mall security got there to hand out the final green wrist bands people from behind started to push forward to be among the first and ignoring those who got their first. A list made was our names according to arrival was ignored by the security and many ended losing their spots including myself. Then a lady from RobertpattinsonUK.com took the list and started calling us by name and number and we started moving back to our rightfully earned spots! I am thankful to both ladies, the one who though of making the list to protect our positions and the one who decided to make it effective when the guards ignored our calls.
 


I separated from my group as we moved to this new spot still outdoors from 6:00 am till 10:30 am until they allowed us to head to the pens and to choose where we wanted to stand parallel to the red carpet. I was so cold I decided I will not stand outdoors from 10:30 till 5:45 pm waiting for the premier, I needed to be warm so I decided to head to the mall for a spot at the end of the red carpet where the stars are expected to walk to attend the movie screening. I thought to myself too many people will be outside as opposed to those inside and it would be a different experience for me to view an indoor red carpet and certainly very warm :)






The red carpet was actually a white one with two red stripes on the sides and it was covered with plastic till almost near the actual premier and the fans starting to mark their spots with their beautiful posters, just across from me three beautiful brides turned so I could take a photo of their Bella veils, the one on the right was the first one to arrive Christina Kristy who created the name list that saved our spots, They were so cool and got a chance to be on TV too:)






I was the first to get to the right side of that beautiful arch that I thought at a point must be made for the stars to stand below and that would certainly be a great spot to see them, or at least I hoped it was, I was still wondering whether I made the right choice to be at the end of the carpet where they would probably be tired and cold as they got there but I was hoping someone would tell them we we were among the first to wait for them and that we would get a chance to get photos and signatures:)




They had those little screens on top of our heads and they started streaming the arrival of the stars on the red carpet outdoor and we were so excited as the place started to shake with the screaming fans I did a little bit of screaming too lol! It was approaching 7:10 and no sight of Rob, Kristen and Taylor they were still outside with the fans! winners of premier tickets started to walk the red carpet for the screening of breaking dawn at 7:30 we started to panic as this meant the stars will have to be rushed through to get to introduce and view the film and we won't get a chance to see them. Kristen was the first to come inside then Rob and Taylor and I literally lost the spot for my feet I didn't know where to stand! I was still the first one but there were feet below me and it suddenly got so crowded with photographers, celebs and stretching arms!




Rob was the first one to sign my pic but I initially didn't get the chance to take a photo with him he started signing on my right side and I handed it forward my poster and he signed it without looking up and I thought that was it then later he went to the end of the left side and came forward to sign and take pix with all the lined up fans:) when he got to me for the second time I told him I came from Dubai to see you and he was looking down and smiling and I asked to take a photo and he came closer so I assume he saw me and heard me though I didn't see it! He looked even kinder and lovelier in real life, really fragile and thin, I really appreciated how he wanted to make sure every one got a chance to get a photo or a signature from him:)  



 
 My Kristen encounter was the most personal though really quick!first she passed on the opposite side then took a full round to the right then coming my way she started saying sorry to those on my right she was obviously tired from the cold and the flashes she was now in her sneakers and barely visible under stretching heads. when she was in front of me I handed her my little apotamkin/bd poster that Rob signed earlier she signed it and as she started to move I told her thank you so much sweetie love you and then she looked up into my eyes and smiled back at me:) I took this close up of her as she moved to my left. Kristen's eyes are very light green you could see deep into them and her lashes were soo long, she barely had an make up on:)


 I got also a signature and a pic with Taylor and he was really serious looking at that point he came from the same direction as Rob from my left and also made sure all fans got signatures, He is not so buff in real life too!



I also got to meet Rob's best friend Sam Bradly and told him to say hi to Rob and that they are great guys and I would really love to join their pack and he smiled at me and gave me a pat on the shoulder lol! 
Producer Wyck Godfrey was kind enough to stop for pix and meeting fans! I also saw Charlie Bewley,director Bill Condon and Jamie Campbell Bower passing before me:) Bill Condon was in a rush and apologized for not stopping for photos:)


At the end they all went inside and suddenly workers started tearing the posters and gathering cardboards and I got to get the huge official poster hanging below me too! I went home so excited I still didn't believe I was really there and I have actually met my most beloved RobSten for real! I wasn't dreaming!

About three things I was absolutely sure I was number 105, I was probably the only one who traveled 3400 miles to be part of this event and I had met and got signatures from Rob, Kristen and Taylor:D


Rob signing for me at 8:16 - 8:20 :) before coming back again for the photos:)
It was such an outstanding experience for me the first of its kind and the most fulfilling, I couldn't sleep from excitement! on Friday I went to see breaking dawn and Gosh! it was super awesome! 

Coming out to the voice of Bruno Mars singing "It will Rain" I was truly thankful my Breaking Dawn adventure came to a perfect closure and I couldn't have been luckier:) Just got back to Dubai last night and I didn't want to leave you waiting for my story that I hope you were waiting for after all you are my motivation and Twilight and RobSten are my passion xoxo

I will try to download my videos as soon as possible and post them in their places here as well as soon as I can;)
(Please credit pix and link back to Apotamkin should you chose to share my post, thanks:)

12 comments:

JGM1721 said...

Fantastic!! I hardly have words for this. You are so awesome, Lamia. This is something you have wanted for so long. You finally got it and you got to see so many of the special people up close and personal.

What a story!! You are a woman made of steel-- I doubt I could have put up with the cold and the wait for as many hours as you did. What an experience for you!! Can't wait to see what else you have to show us. This is the real stuff and the story is absolutely incredible. Congratulations.

Apotamkin said...

Thank you so much sweetie for believing in me, I was so scared it won't go right gosh! I guess I am a woman of steel along with so many out there who made it credible my god it was so great I wish you were there Jan:) next time it should be LA premier and then it will be as my son's describes it my life will be complete lol!most of the videos i got on my phone turned upside down lol so i need to find a way to correct them :)) and the time to upload them too I have tons of work pending and today I sat for hours to complete this post I'm really glad you like it, I will still need to check it later i'm sure i have messed up somewhere. you think it makes you comfortable to get it over I just want to see them again and be there at every event it is weird! I met people who travel in their trail to every premier which is so cool I would like to join their pack lol!

TwilightCougar said...

Hiya Lamiaa :) I am so glad you made it home safely..I love the pics..You did amazing, and made it look so easy freezing in the cold lol Acacia will be so excited to see her name on here and her pic, so thank you for that, although you could have left me out haha Just kidding hun, i had a blast with you and Jenni and Camilla and Acacia. Hopefully we can do it again for the next one. I would love to be able to be like some of the girls who go to all of them, maybe they will let us both join :) Glad you had a good time, and like i said the Pics are amazing. Thank you for sharing xxx

Apotamkin said...

welcome Amanda :) sorry I didn't get the chance to say goodbye!after we split :) I have posted the full album on facebook there is a beautiful pic of Acacia stretching but I wasn't sure if you would mind posting it so I didn't put it here xoxox

Sissy said...

This is the first time ever I post a comment on your blog, though I have probably been following it for over a year now.

I loved your entry about your whole experience at London's premiere! Thank you so much Lamia for sharing such an amazing moment in your life. I wish I could've been there too and get the chance to meet Rob; but thanks to you and your wonderful article, I feel closer to it.

I'm glad you made it safely back home and so happy.

Take care!

Sissy

Apotamkin said...

Hi sissy I m really happy u loved and I'm so glad you have been following my blog for that long. Most of the times it feels like I'm talking to my self:) i like to share everything i love and experience about twilight otherwise I'll explode and wish it makes sense to others in the world because it doesn't make sense to those around me :) thank u so much for your lovely words and dedication to follow the cold one:)

Anonymous said...

loved this! wow u really are robsten crazy! lol! cant share it where i am cuz no one understands the obsession! i have bin following urs since forever but never commented... luv ur work and one of the most updated sites... awesome work! jenni from india...
P.S: u look lovely!

Lamiaa ElKholy said...

Oh Jenni! this is so sweet of you:)) thank you so much dear for following my humble blog and for lovely complements, would love to have you comment more often over here, it makes a great difference for me to know my voice and obsessions reach that far. I might visit India sometime would be great to know someone:))

JGM said...

I have a little bit more than an hour of work today-- can not wait to get home to my computer so I can open the video in my email.

I still get overly excited every single time I scroll down this blog post. This is really so awesomely fantastic. No one out there can match this, Lamia. You really pulled off a miracle!!

Apotamkin said...

miss u so much Jan how r u baby?hope u got to see BD can't wait to chat about it with u :) I feel overwhelmed still have watched the vids I posted here? I put four the ones that made sense :)I feel it is a miracle and I'm out of balance still was so happy to find the vid I sent you, my spot was really good yet no camera men were focusing on my direction it was mostly really close was lucky to find this. unless fans opposite me start uploading their vids of my side i might be able to find more hopefully when Rob took a pic with me and when kstew and Tay sign as well, I wish!

Alexa Cullen said...

Wow.... Es increible todo lo que viviste!!!! Coka, mi amiga del alma me ha dado tu link para ver tu aventura y para ver si me animo a ir a la premier de B.D.II en L.A.

Te dejo muchos saludos desde Chile...

Apotamkin said...

Hi Alexa! thank u so much for visiting and I dream of going to LA next year too! who knows may be we could all go and get together:) lots of love dears xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...